I need help to stream on Acestream

Hi, I was able to stream from VLC.
Now on acestream broadcast, im not able to make it work.
I’m getting only this and its not working:

No Peer and uplaoding:
Bitrate: 1883.728 kbps
Source download speed: 223.98 Kb/s
Connected peers: 0
Upload speed: 0.00 Kb/s

Here is the Config:

Can you provide full screenshot of broadcasting stats upon broadcast creation?
Did you check that your “host:port” (41.136.79.55:7764) is accessible from Internet (firewall do not block it) and, if necessary, port forwarding is active from “41.136.79.55” to your local IP on PC with Ace Stream?

I’m having a headache with this.

Look, When I stream from VLC it works fine on my ip address http://41.136.109.73:8080
my port forwading is 8080 which work fine with VLC.

When i use 8080 is the broadcast creation, it give me this warning:

404 Not found (/app/stream)

The stats you asked me.
I get this when i used the default port:

If you’re running VLC on 8080 port (as stream source, for example) - than you cannot use same port in the Ace Stream “PORT” settings. You should use default port value and check/create additional port forward for it.

No problems so far - broadcast has been successfully created, and you can share it via “Content ID” with anyone you want.

fouf!!!

Thanks a lot man!!!

I solved it!!!

It’s working!!!

I’m removing my ip on the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Benny,
I got another problem.
My Ace Player can’t play m3u8 file. I want to stream from m3u8 file.
One more thing, do you know any software apart from Aceplayer that i can use to stream on acestream?

Thanks in advance

You can use any software which produced MPEG-TS or HSL video as output stream, refer to Intro - Ace Stream DAO for more info.

If this “m3u8 file” is valid live-HLS playlist, then you can use URL to it directly as source upon broadcast creation.
Or you can use VLC as proxy - play “m3u8 file” via
vlc http(s)://url_to_hls-playlist.m3u8 --sout-keep --sout= #std{access=http,mux=ts,mime=“video/mpeg”,dst=127.0.0.1:8820/stream}
and use “http://127.0.0.1:8820/stream” as source upon Ace Stream broadcast creation.

Hello Benny,
I’m having another problem.

Do you know any VLC alternative software which can broadcast HLS. My elgato HD60 is not detected on VLC or Acestream.

See this tutorial - How to get VLC to show your Video Capture Device - YouTube
Or you can use OBS (see Tutorial: How To Livestream w/ OBS & Elgato HD60 (Powered by @elgatogaming) - YouTube as example).

how did you end up figuring it out,

im trying to do it now but i still cant get a stream going in Acestream.

im using VLC to try and get it to acestream.

does it have something to do with the encoding settings in VLC?

Im trying my hardest and i think im very close to getting it to work, but something is stopping me getting it 100%

Can someone tell me if this is the correct process to creating a stream. I am streaming it from a source within VLC. the stream from VLC is through HTTP and set at port 8080. the transcoding is set to H.264 + MP3 (TS)

i create a P2P broadcast with the settings below. I have 2 options for “HOST” do i go with the local network or my actual IP address?

from what i select i can get to this screen

but it never gives me the ACESTREAM ID to use in that section.

sometimes it will appear in the broadcast section under My Broadcasts, but when i try and use that content ID it never shows a stream

is there a specific way to export the VLC stream to HTTP that makes it work?

ive disabled all my firewalls, added all the ports into the port forwarder and still nothing.

Ace Stream do not cares what inside stream and streams it “as is”.

Public IP address - other peers need to know where they going connect to.

Which version of Ace Stream you’re using? Latest Win/Linux versions is unstable, use 3.1.32/3.1.49 instead (https://download.acestream.media/Ace_Stream_Media_3.1.32.exe).

oh wow, it was that simple. it works perfectly now.

acestream should post something about that somewhere on their site that the newest version is faulty

Can the content ID be kept the same even after ending a stream?

Say I was pushing a stream from VLC on port 8080 and accidently closed VLC, can I open it back up and set the video to push to port 8080 and acestream will still pick it up on the same content ID?

If you don’t stop streaming engine, then yes.
If you need constant CID, then do not use “Autodetect” bitrate feature and keep other stream attributes unmodified, which can be easily done if you start Ace Stream via command line:

• run broadcast once via web UI (with “bitrate autodetect” off) and copy CID somewhere,
  • copy “ace_engine” command line (using windows task manager or any other similar tool),
  • paste this command line into text file and rename it extension to “.bat” or “.cmd” (also you can put in this file (before Ace Stream command) your command line for VLC stream).
    And next time simply run this command file and your VLC stream and Ace Stream broadcast should start automatically with constant CID.
1 лайк

Hi Benny,
Another problem for me. When im streaming my content, it play well on my local devices, but on another android phone connected from a different ISP, the buffering speed limit stuck on 400kbps - 500kbps.

And when I use another pc connected from a different ISP, it does not even play.

When I try to stream directly from VLC, it works fine with my external ip address.

Well, depending on stream bitrate this can be completely normal. You should check with a couple peers at least - let’s say, if 3 peers watching your broadcast, then each of them will get 500kbps, but on your PC you should see ~1.5 mbps for upload traffic.

No, only one smartphone is connected and im uploading 800-1200 kbps. The smartphone Acestream app is not playing well, it keep lagging.

I can see the smartphone is downloading around 400kbps - 500kbps, where it should be same as my upload.